Monday, October 16, 2006


I spent Friday night sleeping restlessly, knowing I had to be someplace.
By Saturday morning, I woke up, and started going through the motions, knowing there was someplace I needed to be. I headed up to the Mazama trail. The day started out foggy, but became clearer as I head up the steep trail, not stopping until I came to what I call Robin's picture spot. It took me about 2 hours to get there, and I was dragging from needing nourishment by the time 1 pm rolled around. But, after having my lunch of the BMT sandwich from Subway, I was revived, enjoying the beautiful Fall scenery, especailly the bright crimson's and yellows from the blueberry and huckleberry bushes. After another hour I reached the "summit" of McNeil Point, immediately climbing the high rock (which I used to be afraid to climb), and finding a perfect resting point to perch below the rocks of Mt. hood.
Why to climb?
In the end, I decided the psychological and spiritual damage I was doing to me by not going would be worse than any physical damage I might do by climbing.

No comments: