Monday, July 21, 2008




This past weekend, went on the South Sister Climb with my Doc, her husband, Mark, and Marti, the RN from the clinic. It was a long 12 hour day -- but the weather perfect, and the views spectacular, and the friendship and camaraderie meaningful.






Like last year, Diana not quite sure she could do this, but when it comes down to it -- "just make it that that rock up about a 100 yards up there", and take a rest, and "let's go just up the bend there..."




and before you know it --
you're at the summit.
It's great getting to know Diana better, and Mark (an oncologist), displays passion that makes you realize that most doctors are really involved with their patients care, and Marti, her ever giving presence -- waiting at the lower mountain for 8 hours when she decided she couldn't make the climb this year -- cheerful as ever.
I guess when I think about it I still find it kinda strange that I climb with my HIV Doc -- maybe it's symbolic in some way, or maybe it's more of the way the world should be...

I was accepted on another North Sister Climb for this weekend, but have decided I would have to give it up, since I'm leaving on a 6am flight next Monday for Mexico City and the International AIDS conference. Maybe I'll climb a pyramid while I'm there.

No comments: