Tuesday, July 08, 2008


Hiking in the Gorge again this weekend, again hitting against my limitations. Gosh.
It was a tough hike, up to the top of Table Mountain across from Bonneville Dam. The worst part was coming down. It was one of the steepest decent I've ever down on any hike. Robin spent part of the decent on her butt, it was that unstable. But hey, Spectacular Views!

Coming down, I started to get the scarlet rash on my lower legs again. I went online yesterday and what I thought was due to chaffing is something that some doctors in Australia decided to call, Golfer's Vasculitis (I guess because mostly older men get if from walking in the heat playing 18 holes). Why not a more macho name, Climber's Vasculitis, Apparently, it it's only an annoyance, so that's the good news, the bad is there's no clear treatment or preventative measures to take. Ouch!
The worst thing was after getting down (and hunting down our teenager hiker who decided to go it alone for a second time during the day), I developed chills like I had hiking in Ecuador, and getting home, developing a 101 degree fever for several hours. (Robby stuck around and took care of me.) It seems like my metabolism has become so screwed up after dealing with 20+ years of HIV. What can I do about that? Always thinking of solutions.
Suppose to climb Mt. Adams this coming weekend......

No comments: